Monday, July 31, 2006

Ready for the Knit A Long

Okay, I have everything ready for the Central Park Hoodie Knit A Long.
This'll be my first KAL (apart from the disastrous Knitting Olympics effort of 2006 - but I just won't mention it again and it'll disappear, right?)

Remember when I ordered the yarn and then I said I hoped that I could live with it if it turned out darker? I mean it couldn't be that much darker could it? It looked pretty.

Well...I must say it is a very dark plum bordering on a brown. Wild Plum my a** I would have called it a brown geez I should've bought something from Bendigo instead of something fancy.
Okay that's way dark but it does have some pretty bits in it. I wonder if the dye will fade after washing. Knowing my luck I'd end up felting the thing ;)


When I arrived home today I found the Knitscene Mag in my letter box (I hope it's the right one - I'll open it later)

Just to be sure there is some Mariner and Damson on the way from Bendigo. (It's my birthday on Wednesday so this is a present to myself) I think Rogue would be good in Mariner and yeah a purple jacket is to my liking more than this Rowan. I'll swatch it though and see how it turns out. I'm thinking trying to knit cables with it may be beyond my patience.

Nah, I'm sure it'll turn out okay and I have a few small projects to finish off before the KAL starts - Fetching for Miss A which is going good so far.

3 comments:

the stripey tiger said...

mmmm rowan ... I'm envious! Love the Silk roafd aran too - very fetching. :-) Stripey

Yarnsticksbooks said...

Ohhhhhhhh that is dark. But still pretty. I can't wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

that's a bit too dark for my liking too :)

i'm planning on knitting a pair of fetching for myself too but haven't gotten around casting on for it.