Friday, January 13, 2006

Vest, what vest??

Ahh the vest is going really slow. The yarn is very rough and it is uncomfortable where my wrist is rubbing against the fabric, not to mention it is rubbing skin off of my little finger! not a great deal but just enough to be noticed. I can't post any pictures because I sent the camera off with my daughter - see below - but I have knit about 10cms so far.

Hmm should I just give it up or keep going, I like the colours but it is just a wee bit uncomfortable to knit. I think, maybe it will have to go.

I don't think I have another yarn substitute in my stash, and I only wanted to do it as a practise for the neck shaping.
There's nearly 400g of this stuff! If I can't stand to knit it what else can I do with it? Bin it?
Bummer.

My ex and my daughter have gone off on a holiday for a week, I was hoping this would take my mind off of missing her. Oh well sussing out a new project ought to work the same won't it?
Problem is I can't knit, I can't eat and I can't sleep. I feel very sad and lost without her.

I have her feathers scarf I could do, I forgot to measure her feet so I can't start her slippers yet, I want something that I don't have to think too hard about. Maybe I'll end up finishing that *@#* vest afterall.


Secret Pal Stuff

I heard from my SP today and I am excited.
I received a lovely ecard of a cute lil mouse.
Thank you SP you brightened my day.

I am gathering items for the person that I am sending gifts to, but I can't show them here can I?
Well once it's finished I will show what I sent. (must remember to take photos first)



Holiday Countdown
5 more sleeps and they'll be home.










No comments: