Monday, January 02, 2006

Goodbye 2005

Last year was a difficult year, my marriage ended in the middle of 2004. We are still sharing the same house, he has moved out to the back room, so that we can sort ourselves out. I found myself struggling with all sorts of feelings.

If it wasn't for my little girl, my work, having counselling and a small stint on anti-depressants, I think I would have fallen into a bigger hole that I actually did. It is even more upsetting because my daughter is caught in the middle and deserves better.

2005 has been a year of learning for me, I have read soo many self help books I should be able to counsel others soon.

This was the first Christmas that I spent partly by myself, which wasn't anywhere as bad as I thought it would be.
I actually had fun and enjoyed myself. I cooked a yummy turkey, which was ready to eat when my daughter came home for lunch. I played on the computer and had my favourite music up loud.

I think that was the turning point, knowing that if I could make it through Christmas Day, that I was finally going to be okay.

Anyway as difficult as this time has been and continues to be, I will not dwell on it anymore. I'm letting it go.

Goodbye 2005.

No comments: