Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Secret Pal Questionnaire.

Ok so I signed up for the Secret Pal thing and now I have my match, I am scared, what if she doesn't like what I send her? What if the parcels take ages to arrive?, What if they get lost on the way and don't arrive at all? What should I send?

Oh dear! Can you tell I'm a bit of a worrier?

Anyway here are my answers to the SP7 questionnaire:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I will knit with anything. I will admit to liking the novelty yarns. I have never tried Red Heart or Lion Brand as it is not readily available here in Australia.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I am teaching myself to spin, I cannot crochet.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a drawer in my stash just for needles. They are all separated into their sizes.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I have been knitting for about 2-3 years.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I suppose I am an intermediate.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Frangipani or sandalwood.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes.
Favorite candy?
Chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Beadwork.

9. What kind of music do you like?
Robbie Williams, Kelly Clarkson, Meatloaf, Missy Higgins, relaxation music.
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purple is my favourite. I also like pink and blue. I’m not very fond of green.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a 9yo daughter and 4 cats and 1 rabbit.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats, don’t have mittens but wear my gloves in winter, might wear a poncho one day.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Soft ones, I’ve just started this vest with 100% acrylic and it is so rough my hands are hurting.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I haven’t met a fibre that I don’t like yet.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Scarves, hats, socks and easy items.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Scarves, hats, socks, doll blankets.

17. What are you knitting right now?
A vest.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Both

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Aluminium and plastic.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder.

22. How did you learn to knit?
By reading books.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 years, it is a scarf.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Hmm animated character… I can't think of one right now, but my favourite animals are cats, dragons, tigers and unicorns.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
I like all holidays.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn and books. Oh and dragon, tiger and unicorn figurines.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None, I like to hunt for them at the newsagents.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Yarn Harlot’s new book that hasn’t been released yet. Treasury of knitting book 4.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Cables and neck shapings (the vest I am knitting has a V neck, I am worried about tackling the shaping, but I really want a V neck vest )

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I knit socks , I use The Crazy Toes and Heels method by Queen Kahuna. My foot length is 24.5cms (9.75 inches) My instep circumference is 26cm (10.5 inches) My ankle circumference is 23cms (9 inches).

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
2nd of August

No comments: