I have won a place at Charles Darwin University to study a Bachelor of Teaching.
I'll be doing it externally which means it is all either online or posted. Yippee!
How I am going to fit it all in is something I haven't figured out yet.
At least this means that I don't have to:
- Drop 2 - 3 days work/pay to physically attend Uni. I can keep us in the manner to which we have become accustomed (late night chocolate binges and Iced Coffee always in the fridge)
- Get someone to look after Miss A while I attend. (she can sit right next to me and
bug meplay on the old computer while I study - yeah we'll see how long that'll last ;)
- Worry about being back in time to pick up Miss A. (As usual she'll be with me 24/7......)
- Spend $$ getting to Uni and back. (helps to pay for the new computer)
It does mean that I won't have as much time to knit, so I better get cracking on Miss A's Central Park Hoody before she outgrows it.
And because it is going to be mostly online, I've invested in Broadband which should be here by next weekend I hope and a new computer. My old one is totally full and will not stand up to the rigours of late night, long hours of studying. Can you believe I am only getting on average around 32Kbps! Damn slow. At it's worst my broadband will be 64Kbps twice as fast, kewl. Oh and have 4 connections so that Miss A can access it at the same time, Neopets here she comes.
So this weekend was spent setting up the old computer for Miss A (she has to earn her computer time mwuahaha) and the new one for myself. Vista sure is purdy. Guess what was easier....
I had a good idea to update the old one to SP2, all well and good but the installation went awry and I ended up with the computer not recognising the modem! What! no internet for 2 days!!! I have just worked out what was wrong and fixed it, phew, that only took nearly 2 full days. A quick reinstall of the Operating System and a few tweaks...
I tried to install Internet Explorer 7 and that went belly up too I think it has something to do with Windows Update ( which also went belly up but is now fixed after having half a day spent on it) So I will try again now that the updating program is working. (something about not being able to connect to the internet to update itself - I hope......)
I have integrated my antivirus, firewall and anti spyware into Windows Live One Care, not linking cos I've spent too many hours at that bl**dy website searching it for fixes, and that seems to be going well. One subscription instead of two, and it was cheaper than one subscription on its own.
So hopefully in a few days I'll be able to report a full thumbs up on the computer system here at Chez Bankrupt.