Sunday, September 17, 2006

Lucky I can type cos I can't talk!

Urgh I feel sick. I still have this horrible virussy thing from the end of August - this'll be my fourth week.

Surely there is a limit to how much green sh*t a body can produce. My voice disappeared for two days and all I was left with was a squeak, then it turned husky.

It was suggested to me that I could get another job - another job I already have two!! -while I had a sexy, husky voice. I can just imagine myself describing some frilly, feminine lingerie whilst sitting in my daggy pj's with my knitting in my lap. I could call myself Kandy or something like that. "What do you want me to be wearing?", I'd ask. *shudders* Anyway it's not gonna happen.

I've taken on some more study this time in a Cert 3 Disibility Work program dealing with challenging behaviours and Autism Spectrum Disorder. Because I've already completed the Cert 4 in ICT I can get credit transfers for 5 out of the 11 units which cuts down the workload heaps. So now only have 2 Cetificate courses to complete. This is one that I really wanted to do and begged the assessors for a place if there was a vacancy and was very lucky to get in.

The lawyer stuff is happening and papers have been drawn up and served regarding property settlement. This is costing me a fortune! Mr Ex has started cleaning out the shed. The shed, I forgot was extra space think of how much stuff I can put in there!

The home loan is approved and waiting for me. So that's one thing I don't have to worry about.

Still debating as to how much I should borrow, should I take the extra amount and pay for it for the next 30 years or should I take less and put the extra amount that I'd pay weekly into a savings account.
eg: borrow an extra 15,000 be locked into the high repayments for 30 years or borrow 15,000 less and be locked into lower payments for 30 years while saving the difference and ending up with 28,000 at the end of 30 years?

I think I just answered my own question but then it means that not all the renovations will be carried out straight away and I'll have to save up for them. And I am a very impatient person! But in the end I'll have 28,000 to renovate with compared to owing 15,000.

It is a bit scary being the one to make the financial decisions but exciting too. I need to cover myself if I lose my job and become unemployed and if I borrow less then I could sleep better at night knowing that it's not going to be a problem making the repayments.

There are so many fees and hidden costs like insuring myself so that if I die the loan will be paid out for Miss A. Changing from the current loan to a new one, breaking the fixed rate lock in contract for the current loan. groan

Ugg, this is why I haven't been knitting very much I've been going over the figures trying to work out what to do.
The Central Park Hoodie is almost up to the third cable on the back, veeerrrryyy sllloooww going.

Oh and I went for the Bendigo Damson (purple) and am loving it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! My sister just bought her ex out of her house and is going through exactly the same thing. But you must be so proud of yourself doing all these things independently, and taking care of yourself and Miss A! :)

Sharon said...

Oh you poor thing, being unwell is the pits especially when it drags on for too long. Get well soon and rest up and take care of yourself xx

Tigers said...

Thankyou both for your kind words!!

It is encouraging to know that I am not the only one to do this. And I kow there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Starting to feel better hope it continues :)