Saturday, April 05, 2008

Currently working on...

Jenny Wren socks
Yarn: The Knittery Merino Cashmere Sock yarn
Needles: Addi Turbo 2.5mm
Mods: 70 sts, incorporated pattern into my sock recipe, Eye of Partridge heel.
This is slow going as it is at a tighter gauge than I am used to and the needles are have been rubbing my hands. But still an enjoyable knit. These are the first socks that I have knit that have a pattern, and continue said pattern down the foot! Ooh what a wild, reckless knitter I am becoming. I have knit ribbed before but not cables. I prefer to let the colours of the yarn shine through. This is a very simple pattern and I love it.




Photo of completed Crayon socks, not sure if I blogged these finished before, here they are anyway. I added some length to the foot and they are now comfy.


Still really enjoying knitting socks and have stash dived and rounded up all of my sock yarn. Oh my!
I have 2 very big tubs of sock yarn, this really needs to be knit up and I must stop buying sock yarn.

3 comments:

Yarnsticksbooks said...

Oh wow they are pretty. You are gonna have super warm feet this winter.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pattern happening there!! Very pretty indeed!!

Life's little stuff said...

I love the pink socks. They remind me of sherbet (?). And the cable looks so pretty too.
Tina