Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope Father Christmas was kind to you.

So what have I been up to for the last few months!! Was it really back in October that I last posted something?!

Well for a quick update:

I sat the STAT (Special Tertiary Admissions Test) in the middle of November and achieved good results, so now just waiting for the round of offers from the Uni in January next year.

My home loan went through 2 weeks ago.

The Property Settlement has been finalised at last and Mr Ex is now out of the house. Everything now remains where I have put it and stays cleaner for longer. Miss A seems to be coping okay. She still gets to see him on occassion.

I had been spending an awful lot of time cleaning and tidying and sorting the place out - I now have a Knitting Room complete with 2 comfy recliners and in a few weeks there will be verticals on the windows so that we can sit out there at night time and noone can see in. Must get some pics up.

Hmm what else....

There's a mouse plague in my kitchen cupboards! Eww, so far we are tigers-2 mice -0. The battle continues.

Oh, renovations - I've had my chimney remortared by a lovely old man who climbed up on my roof - in 37 degree heat - supported only by the small planks that he fashioned into some sort of ladder. I didn't breathe until he left I thought for sure he would either fall off my roof ( see I said my roof- I own a home!!) or fall through my ceiling but he did a terriffic job and now it won't fall down anytime soon.

I fixed my pantry cupboards and gave them a coat of paint - forgot to take before pictures of both of these jobs duh!

The Central Park Hoody stands at a back, 2 fronts and 1 and 3/4 sleeves. I am not knitting anything else but this and still it is not growing. Ah hopefully now that I have 5 weeks holiday I can finish it shortly there is only one thing in the way -

you can't knit and drive at the same time -

I have just bought a new to me car, a really modern car which is soo different from the Kingswood ( read tank ) that I have been driving for the last 8 years. (Mr Ex is not happy with me ;) )
I will post a picture when I can but I my batteries are flat at the moment so when I charge them I'll try to restrict myself to one or two photos.

Have a great Christmas and don't drink too much eggnogg!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have been very busy hope you have a good new year.